Full AC Replacement in Westminster, Colorado
Elkhorn Heating & Air offers complete air conditioning replacement services in Westminster, Colorado. We understand the importance of a properly functioning air conditioning system, especially during the hot summer months.
If your AC unit is old, inefficient, or constantly breaking down, it may be time to consider replacing it. Our team of experts is here to guide you through the process and ensure that you have a new, reliable system that will keep you cool for years to come.
AC Replacement Services We Offer
Before we recommend a full AC replacement, our team will perform a thorough inspection of your current system. We will assess its overall condition, check for any underlying issues, and determine if a replacement is necessary. Our technicians are trained to identify even the smallest problems that can affect the performance of your AC unit.
Once we have determined that a replacement is the best course of action, our team will handle the entire installation process. We will carefully remove your old AC system and install a new, energy-efficient unit in its place. Our goal is to ensure that your new air conditioner is properly installed and functioning optimally.
If your current AC unit is beyond repair or if the cost of repairs outweighs the benefits, it may be time to consider a full AC replacement. Our team will help you choose the right system for your home based on factors such as size, energy efficiency, and budget. We will then install the new unit and ensure that it is working properly before we leave.
About Westminster, Colorado
Westminster, Colorado, is a diverse and dynamic city in the Denver metropolitan area, known for its blend of urban amenities, outdoor spaces, and community engagement. The city features the Westminster Promenade, an entertainment district with shops, restaurants, and a cinema. The Butterfly Pavilion offers an immersive experience with thousands of butterflies.
Westminster boasts expansive trail systems, including the Big Dry Creek Trail and the Legacy Ridge Golf Course. The city actively promotes sustainability through initiatives like the Westminster Forward comprehensive planning project. Events like the Westminster Latino Festival highlight the city’s cultural diversity.
5 Signs You Need a New Air Conditioner
- Your AC system is more than 10 years old: Air conditioning units typically have a lifespan of about 10-15 years. If your system is older than that, it may be time to consider a replacement. Older units are often less energy-efficient and more prone to breakdowns.
- Frequent and costly repairs: If you find yourself constantly calling for AC repairs and the costs are adding up, it may be more cost-effective in the long run to replace your unit. Investing in a new system will save you money on repair costs in the future.
- Your energy bills are skyrocketing: As air conditioning units age, they become less efficient, leading to higher energy bills. If you’ve noticed a significant increase in your cooling costs, it may be a sign that your AC system is no longer working as efficiently as it should.
- Your home is not comfortable: If your AC unit is unable to cool your home evenly or consistently, it may be a sign that it is no longer able to meet your cooling needs. A replacement will ensure that your home stays comfortable throughout the hot summer months.
- Strange noises and odors: Unusual noises and unpleasant odors coming from your AC unit can indicate a serious problem. If you are experiencing these issues, it’s best to have a professional inspect your system and determine if a replacement is necessary.
What Should I Consider When Replacing My AC?
- SEER rating: The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) measures the energy efficiency of an air conditioning system. Higher SEER ratings indicate greater energy efficiency and can help you save on your energy bills.
- Size of the unit: It’s crucial to choose an AC system that is the right size for your home. A unit that is too small will struggle to cool your space, while one that is too large will cycle on and off frequently, leading to energy waste and increased wear and tear on the system.
- Installation: Proper installation is key to the performance and longevity of your new air conditioner. Make sure to hire a reputable HVAC company with experienced technicians who can handle the installation process correctly.
- Budget: Replacing an air conditioning system is a significant investment. Consider your budget and discuss financing options with your HVAC provider to find a solution that works for you.
Should I Repair or Replace My Air Conditioner?
If your AC unit is nearing the end of its expected lifespan, investing in repairs may only provide a temporary solution. A new system will provide greater energy efficiency and reliability.
If the cost of repairs is significant and approaches or exceeds the cost of a new air conditioner, it may be wiser to opt for a replacement. This will save you money on future repairs and energy bills. Older air conditioning units are typically less energy-efficient than newer models. By replacing your unit, you can enjoy the benefits of a more efficient system and lower energy bills.
Our AC Replacement Process
- Initial consultation: We will discuss your cooling needs, assess your current system, and provide recommendations tailored to your specific requirements.
- Choosing the right system: We will help you select the best air conditioner for your home, taking into consideration factors such as size, energy efficiency, and budget.
- Professional installation: Our experienced technicians will handle the installation process with precision and care, ensuring that your new AC unit is properly installed and functioning optimally.
- Testing and inspection: Before we leave, we will thoroughly test your new system to ensure that it is working correctly. We will also provide you with any necessary instructions on how to operate and maintain your new air conditioner.
Lower Your Cooling Bill with a High-Efficiency AC
Investing in a high-efficiency air conditioning system can significantly lower your cooling bills. These units are designed to consume less energy while still providing optimal cooling for your home. By upgrading to a high-efficiency AC, you can enjoy improved comfort and save money on your energy bills in the long run.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Conditioners
What is the average lifespan of an air conditioner? Air conditioning units typically last between 10 and 15 years, depending on factors such as maintenance, usage, and quality of the unit.
How often should I have my AC system serviced? It is recommended to have your AC system serviced at least once a year to ensure optimal performance and catch any potential issues early on.
What is the difference between SEER and EER? SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) measures the efficiency of an air conditioner over an entire cooling season, while EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio) measures efficiency at a specific temperature.
Can I install a new AC unit myself? AC installation requires technical knowledge and experience. It is best to hire a professional HVAC technician for proper installation and to ensure warranty coverage.
What size air conditioner do I need for my home? The size of the air conditioner needed depends on factors such as the square footage of your home, insulation, and climate. A professional HVAC technician can perform a load calculation to determine the appropriate size.
Professional AC Replacement Near Westminster, CO
Ask about our specials and save money with our maintenance plan. We look forward to hearing from you. Fill out our online form or call to schedule service and get a free estimate on AC replacement in Westminster, Colorado.
Our team of experts is ready to serve you! To schedule your service, repairs, or replacement, give us a call at 303-975-8809 or fill out an online request form.
Others Areas We Serve
"*" indicates required fields